Thousands of seniors in Southern Minnesota live with diabetes. Managing this chronic condition -- whether it's type 1 or type 2 -- can present challenges as a family member ages. Our highly trained CAREGivers can help your loved one manage diabetes.
Diabetes Care Activities & Benefits
Diabetes care isn't just about checking blood sugar. Many other activities can help your family avoid diabetes complications and emergencies. Our CAREGivers can:
- Prompt your family member to check blood sugar levels regularly -- a tiresome task that is easy to avoid without gentle encouragement
- Document blood sugar results and encourage your loved one to follow doctor recommendations for glucose results that are too high or too low
- Know and implement the action plan if a diabetic emergency arises
- Remind your loved one to take scheduled medications
- Plan and prepare a well-balanced diet based on the recommendations of your family member's doctor or diabetes educator
- Help schedule doctor appointments and transport your loved one to and from those appointments
- Encourage foot care and help reduce complications by making sure your family member wears appropriate socks and shoes in cold weather
Our CAREGivers are passionate about delivering important in-home diabetes care to seniors Call us to find out how we can help your loved one manage life with diabetes.